Re: Evolution can't connect to mail server

From: Caleb Herbert
Subject: Re: Evolution can't connect to mail server
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2023 12:34:07 -0700 (PDT)

Luis Felipe <sirgazil@zoho.com> wrote ..
> As Roman suggests, installing the package "evolution-data-server" should
> fix the problem.

I added "evolution-data-server" to my list of packages in my home configuration
and got an error while trying to reconfigure:

herd: error: exception caught while executing 'load' on service 'root':
In procedure fport_write: Input/output error
Comparing /gnu/store/3jphbp9sisp54nshd8dimrnn4lks3p4d-home/profile/share/fonts
and

/gnu/store/3jphbp9sisp54nshd8dimrnn4lks3p4d-home/profile/share/fonts... done
(same)
Evaluating on-change gexps.

On-change gexps evaluation finished.

I installed it manually with `guix install`. I get a new error in Evolution.

Error while Retrieving folder list for “csh@bluehome.net”.

Source “csh@bluehome.net” doesn’t support prompt for credentials

> Personally, I add this package to my system
> configuration because other GNOME apps also depend on it to work
> correctly (e.g. GNOME Calendar).
>
> I don't know/remember why "evolution-data-server" is not installed as
> part of "gnome-desktop", but this is a known issue. See:

This should really be fixed...

Sorry if I'm being overly critical. I come from Fedora, where things are
heavily polished.

--
Caleb
https://bluehome.net/csh/