nscd on Foreign Distro

From: Andres Moreno
Subject: nscd on Foreign Distro
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 17:37:44 -0700

Hi!

I installed Guix on Fedora 38 using a package in the COPR Fedora
repository. Everything seems to be working great except that I found out
that nscd is deprecated for Fedora. The manual states that this service
needs to be enabled or else the system might crash. Is this still an issue?

I did some web searches; messages posted around the time of the Fedora
deprecation of nscd did not point a clear path forward.

Should I worry?

Thanks! afm