Re: Question regarding qmk firmware

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Question regarding qmk firmware
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 14:32:36 -0400

Hi,

Peter Polidoro <peter@polidoro.io> writes:

> On Sunday, October 8th, 2023 at 10:28, Ekaitz Zarraga
> <ekaitz@elenq.tech> wrote:
>
>> There are other ways to do it, but I find this the easiest.
>> You can even make a package for your firmware and let guix compile
>> it for you (and maybe flash it too?).
>
>> Cheers,
>> Ekaitz
>
> I am also interested in using Guix packages for firmware projects.
>
> Do you have any links to example firmware projects that package,
> compile, and flash firmware to embedded boards?

Our 'qmk' package now contains all that is needed to build Arduino based
firmwares, and you can also use the 'qmk-make-firmware' procedure to
generate a customized firmware.  For my ErgoDox keyboard, I use the
following:

(use-modules (gnu packages firmware)
             (guix gexp))

(define-public qmk-firmware-dvorak-emacs-software-custom
  (make-qmk-firmware
   "ergodox_ez" "dvorak_emacs_software_custom"
   #:keymap-source-directory (local-file "dvorak_emacs_software"
                                         #:recursive? #t)))

qmk-firmware-dvorak-emacs-software-custom

where 'dvorak_emacs_software' is a directory containing keymap.c and
supporting files.

--
Thanks,
Maxim