Re: share guix and its store between distributions

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: share guix and its store between distributions
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 22:14:59 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Oct 2023 at 17:56, Emmanuel Beffara <manu@beffara.org> wrote:

> Some guix packages behave differently between Guix system and Debian, I will
> investigate those on occasion. For instance, the bower mail reader from Guix
> has some issues with Unicode when run in Debian and I don't understand why
> yet.

Yes, on Debian it fails for me too,

    $ guix shell --pure bower gnupg --  bower

Well, it is about an environment variable.  For instance, this works for
me:

$ env | grep -E '^(LANG|_)'
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
_=/usr/bin/env

$ guix shell --pure bower gnupg  -E TERM -E LANG -E _ --  bower

And then it fails with --container.  Hum, I do not know.

Cheers,
simon