Re: guix pull performance

From: Emmanuel Beffara
Subject: Re: guix pull performance
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 15:51:18 +0200

De Ignas Lapėnas le 12/10/2023 à 13:24:
> I’m fairly new to the Guix scene, but recently there was a discussion about it
> on devel-guix@gnu.org mailing list. So far it works as designed, because every
> time you use guix pull, they have to recompile every package definition.
> I’m a complete pleb when it comes to guile development, so take it with a
> heavy
> grain of salt.
>
> You can check for more information in the devel archive:
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=Guix+pull+speed&submit=Search%21&idxname=guix-devel&max=20&result=normal&sort=score>

Thanks for the pointer. Now I think I understand the reason for this
behaviour: Guix has to compile the whole set of modules, including all package
definitions, and it is rather slow at that. So I guess I won't expect
significant improvement in the near future, but at least it's not an issue
with my particular installation!

--
Emmanuel