Re: guix install error no space left no device bit there is space left..

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: guix install error no space left no device bit there is space left..
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 15:11:51 +0200

Hi Андрей,

On 2023-10-13 21:08, Андрей гранков wrote:
Re: guix install error no space left no device bit there is space left

That's not what I see: df -h says that there are 0 bytes left on /. cow-store can't retroactively fix that.

If you don't want to reboot, you could try

  # mount -o remount,size=90% /

I really recommend adding some swap before doing so, though. 2 GiB of RAM is not much for Guix, and 1 GiB is already wasted^Wused to store files.

What *I* would do in your situation is to save your generated config.scm (if any) to /mnt, reboot, immediately mount /mnt, remove at least /mnt/var/guix (if it exists), swapon any swap partitions you might have, start the cow-store on /mnt, then run guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm. Something like that. I'd not spend time recovering a live system that's already using over 50% of RAM.

Im trying to install it to t60 using i686 iso, I used graphical
   installer then switched to tty3 and ran all the comands from last
   manual installing page

The installer should have started cow-store for you during the final INSTALL-SYSTEM phase.

Does this mean you ran out of space even before completing the automated installation? Why did you switch to manual mode? I feel like I'm missing something here.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.