USB redirection via libvirt

From: TakeV
Subject: USB redirection via libvirt
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:33:02 -0500

Hello,

I am trying to get USB redirection working with libvirt, but I am hitting a snag. Originally it was not able to redirect the USB devices due to spice-client-glib-usb-acl-helper not being available in /run/setuid-programs. I was able to resolve that by appending the spice-gtk version of spice-client-glib-usb-acl-helper into my setuid-programs list. However, I am now getting a new error:

Error setting USB device node ACL: 'Error PoliciKit error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Action org.spice-space.lowlevelusbaccess is not registered' (0)

It fails no matter which client I use (virt-manager, virt-viewer, gnome-boxes). Is there a way to fix that permission so I can redirect my USB devices?

Thanks!