Guix Home Issues: Redshift Service Won't Run (Problem with Wayland?)

From: Jaft
Subject: Guix Home Issues: Redshift Service Won't Run (Problem with Wayland?)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 03:02:58 -0600

I dunno if anyone would be able to help but I've had this issue where
the Redshift home service just won't run.

My config. is below but, as it's (relatively) long, I'll put it last.

Looking at ~herd status redshift~, it says that it's stopped and
disabled but, I also noticed, says it requires =x11-display=. I'm
guessing this may be a reason the service keeps getting disabled and
refuses to run?

But Redshift works with Wayland (I'm using the =redshift-wayland=
package); is there something I'm supposed to do to get the service to
play nice with Wayland? I'm running XWayland.

Not as pressing (or clear as to what might be wrong) but I've had
trouble getting the batsignal service to work right, as well. That one
does seem to run (I can see a running instance on my machine) but it
doesn't ever provide notifications. It worked the /first/ time I
ran/installed it and hasn't ever worked since – it never gives any
notifications for anything I set. I'm pretty certain it works if I run
=batsignal= manually, though (just not when ran via the service). Any
ideas?