Re: Installing software inside containers

From: Edouard Klein
Subject: Re: Installing software inside containers
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 14:27:27 +0100

Hi !

If you create you containers with guix shell, you can use the --nesting
option, or alternatively, use:

guix shell --container --network --expose=/gnu/ --share=/var/guix/ guix

Maybe similar options with a 'guix system'-generated container would
work.

Alternatively, if your own guix has a non standard configuration, you
can create a profile from outside the container:

guix install --profile=/whatevs some-software

and then, from inside the container, use guix shell --profile=/whatevs

it will make the software available, even if the container's guix has no
knowledge of it.

Cheers,

Edouard.