Re: Setting up multiple NICs

From: Lars Rustand
Subject: Re: Setting up multiple NICs
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 21:22:06 +0100

Lars Rustand <rustand.lars@gmail.com> writes:
> Sure, this is what I have at the moment:
>
>      (service static-networking-service-type
>               (list (static-networking
>                      (links
>                       (list (network-link
>                              (name "dmz")
>                              (type 'vlan)
>                              (arguments '((id . 3)
>                                           (link . "enp4s0f1"))))
>                             (network-link
>                              (name "home")
>                              (type 'vlan)
>                              (arguments '((id . 4)
>                                           (link . "enp4s0f1"))))
>                             (network-link
>                              (name "iot")
>                              (type 'vlan)
>                              (arguments '((id . 5)
>                                           (link . "enp4s0f1"))))
>                             (network-link
>                              (name "server")
>                              (type 'vlan)
>                              (arguments '((id . 6)
>                                           (link . "enp4s0f1"))))
>                             (network-link
>                              (name "management")
>                              (type 'vlan)
>                              (arguments '((id . 2)
>                                           (link . "enp4s0f1"))))))
>                      (addresses
>                       (list (network-address
>                              (device "enp2s0")
>                              (value "192.168.10.2/24"))
>                             (network-address
>                              (device "dmz@enp4s0f1")
>                              (value "10.0.3.1/24"))
>                             (network-address
>                              (device "home@enp4s0f1")
>                              (value "10.0.4.1/24"))
>                             (network-address
>                              (device "iot@enp4s0f1")
>                              (value "10.0.5.1/24"))
>                             (network-address
>                              (device "server@enp4s0f1")
>                              (value "10.0.6.1/24"))
>                             (network-address
>                              (device "management@enp4s0f1")
>                              (value "192.168.0.2/24")))))))

I tried the above configuration on a different machine and it worked
slightly better there. All the VLAN interfaces were created, but no
addresses were set up. The networking service hangs indefinitely on restart.

So, it seems that there is at least some problem with one of my
machines, and I am unsure whether there is any error in the
configuration. Could anyone test if they are able to apply a similar
configuration on their machine?