Re: A simple question about the Guix logo.

From: DieRosedesNordens
Subject: Re: A simple question about the Guix logo.
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 19:14:52 +0000

Honourable and respected recipients,

I am most grateful to you, for with the highest esteem and prodigious courtesy,
you have enlightened me when doubt clouded my discernment. The stormy sky that
was once my mind has become clear and limpid before your erudition. Your
response, like a master key, opened the door that was previously locked to me.

Forgive me, I beseech you, for the absence of a gratuity, yet I ask you to
accept my gratitude. I hope that your benevolence bears fruit and that the
benign acts of solidarity you have shown me are returned to you twofold.

Forgive me, also, for the questions I will now pose, especially since I believe
these questions pertain to an area of expertise different from yours.

A priori: if the init system of Guix is the GNU Shepherd, why is there a folder
called “systemd” in “run”, which is located in “/”? Should it come with the
installation of the operating system, regardless of the chosen desktop
environment or window manager? If so, why? If not, is the folder present in
specific desktop environments, like Mate, coming with them during installation?
If so, why? If both answers are denials, is it credible to suppose that the
folder exists due to the subsequent installation of some package, and in that
case, there is no way for you to explain to me why. This even more strange,
because ps -p 1 -o comm= says the init system is, in fact, GNU Shepherd, but if
this is the case, why this folder is there?

A posteriori: does Guix have telemetry?

With admiration and respect,
Me.