Re: guix.scm and manifest.scm environment

From: Tomas Volf
Subject: Re: guix.scm and manifest.scm environment
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 13:18:53 +0100

On 2024-01-10 12:00:05 +0200, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2024 at 02:45:30PM +0000, jgart wrote:
> > Hi Guixers,
> >
> > Are the modules that are automatically pulled in to a guix.scm or
> > manifest.scm documented?
> >
> > Those files are just scheme code but specifications->manifest is available
> > in the global namespace, for example.
> >
> > What else is there by default?
>
> IIRC nothing is included by default.

I think it is at least (guix profiles).  When I try to work with the
`manifest.scm' file in the REPL, I need to explicitly (use-modules) it, but I do
not have to do it for `guix shell -m manifest.scm'.  Not sure if there are
others.

Have a nice day,
Tomas Volf

--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.