Re: Error when installing package, CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER could be found

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: Error when installing package, CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER could be found
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 17:50:54 +0100

Hi Pierre,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 at 10:44, Pierre Clouzet <pierre.clouzet@inria.fr> wrote:

> Also, this code does not use configure/make/make install of cmake/make/make
> install way of installing.
> Instead I need to run a script exporting variables with a . ./script.sh
> command
> I was wondering if you could give me a hint about how to say in a manifest
> how to run such script (if possible).
> You can find such script attached.

If you have not found a way in the mean time, I do not have an answer
because I am a bit confused by your question. :-)

Do you mean run the script with some manifest.scm file as with “guix
shell -m manifest.scm” or do you mean include such script with the Guix
recipe of your package variant?

If I understand correctly, you are trying to package nextsim that needs
one specific version of Gmsh, right?

The script set_env_linux.sh reads,

# 1. Before compiling, install:
# - necdf, necdfcxx, boost, openmpi, gcc11:
# sudo apt install libnetcdf-c++4 libnetcdf-dev libblas-dev liblapack-dev
libboost-dev \
#       libboost-chrono-dev \ libboost-date-time-dev \ libboost-filesystem-dev \
#       libboost-iostreams-dev \ libboost-log-dev \ libboost-locale-dev \
#       libboost-math-dev \ libboost-mpi-dev \ libboost-program-options-dev \
#       libboost-regex-dev \ libboost-serialization-dev \ libboost-system-dev \
libboost-timer-dev
# - also go to dependencies/gmsh-3.0.6-source
# and run the install_gmsh_for_nextsim.sh WITHOUT changing the
CMAKE_PREFIX_INSTALL variable.
# 2. Compiling:
# -check that paths listed below, fit your configuration.
# - run this script to set the environement: ". ./set_env_linux.sh" (NOT
./set_env_linux.sh)
# - run make -j${nproc}

and it is not clear:

 1. if you want or not keep the dependencies from APT or replace them by
    the ones from Guix?
 2. if you want to only build Gmsh with Guix and all the rest not?
 3. how you would like to build nextsim?

What would make sense to me would to build all using Guix; it would
mean:

 a) package the patched version of Gmsh (somehow replace
    install_gmsh_for_nextsim.sh)
 b) tweak set_env_linux.sh for making it Guix-friendly (substitute the
    various hard coded PATH by Guix ones, etc.)
 c) replace the ’build’ phase of cmake build-system by calling this
    modified script by step b.

Well, maybe I misread the question. :-)

Cheers,
simon