Guix deploy fails claiming some module missing

From: Wicki Gabriel (wicg)
Subject: Guix deploy fails claiming some module missing
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 16:46:17 +0000

Hi

I've been developing for/on a Raspi and successfully built images and deployed
to the machine, but at some point in time deployment failed with this message:

missing modules for #<file-system-label "Guix_image">: uio_pdrv_genirq

I am not sure what had changed in my code base that would lead to this error,
and I am somewhat puzzled over the fact that building the system (image) itself
works but deploy fails?
Also, the module is loaded in the running system.

Any ideas/hints/pointers?