Re: Help packaging network-manager-sstp and sstp-client

From: Clément Lassieur
Subject: Re: Help packaging network-manager-sstp and sstp-client
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 15:50:40 +0100

Hello,

On Sun, Jan 21 2024, Felix Lechner via wrote:

> Hi Lars,
>
> On Fri, Jan 19 2024, Lars Rustand wrote:
>
>> ./autogen.sh: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: No such file or
>> directory
>
> I would use something like this [1]
>
>     (arguments
>      (list
>       #:phases
>       #~(modify-phases %standard-phases
>           (add-before 'configure 'provide-shell
>             (lambda _
>               (setenv "CONFIG_SHELL" (which "sh")))))))
>     (native-inputs (list bash))
>
> although the (which "sh") is kind of lazy and should probably be
> replaced by something like
>
>     #$(file-append bash "/bin/sh")

I don't think (which "sh") is bad, given the occurrences of (which "sh")
and (which "bash") in our code base.  (Actually I don't think being lazy
is bad in programming generally speaking.)

Also, I'm not sure it's necessary to specify bash as an input since it's
implicit in gnu-build-system.

See https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Build-Systems.html.

Cheers,
Clément