Troublshooting guix-publish make-systemd-constructor

From: Jack Hill
Subject: Troublshooting guix-publish make-systemd-constructor
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 17:58:29 -0500 (EST)

Hi Guix,

I have the following in my operating system services:

(service guix-publish-service-type
         (guix-publish-configuration
          (port 9090)
          (host "localhost")))

However, trying to connect to port 9090 from localhost hangs.

`ss -tunlp | grep 9090` shows shepherd listening however:

tcp   LISTEN 0      128                          127.0.0.1:9090       0.0.0.0:*
users:(("shepherd",pid=1,fd=23))

I could use some tips on what's wrong with guix-publish, and more generally how to troubleshoot systemd services.

Thanks!
Jack