Adding shell commands the .profile with guix home

From: Andrew Stubbs
Subject: Adding shell commands the .profile with guix home
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 12:59:49 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to run a shell command once on SSH login,
but not in nested shells. Traditionally I've simply appended it to
.profile, but I want to switch to use guix home and I can't figure out
how. (I got my environment variables and arbitrary dot-files done.)

The manual suggests that "home-shell-profile-configuration" is the way
to go, but there's no example given.

I found this example from an old mailing list post:

(service home-shell-profile-service-type
         (home-shell-profile-configuration
          (profile '("echo hi" "source ~/.xprofile"))))

But that fails:
 error: (service home-shell-profile-service-type
(home-shell-profile-configuration (profile (quote ("echo hi" "source
~/.xprofile"))))): invalid field specifier

What's the correct way to do this, please?

Thanks

Andrew