Guix on WSL -- unable to run sudo or any program under /run/setuid-progr

From: Mbk Kamble
Subject: Guix on WSL -- unable to run sudo or any program under /run/setuid-programs
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:08:02 -0600

Hello,
   After using Guix system as my distro-of-choice on a dedicated laptop, I
wanted to keep using it as a distro under WSL on my work laptop.
So following the blog post on https://wiki.systemcrafters.net/guix/wsl/ , I
installed Guix. However, I am stumped that I cannot execute programs under
/run/setuid-programs/.
Eg. running sudo give the following error

> sh>  sudo -s
> sudo: effective uid is not 0, is /run/setuid-programs/sudo on a file
> system with the 'nosuid' option set or an NFS file system without root
> privileges?

This page : setuid binaries don't work when installed in `/run` · Issue
#8716 · microsoft/WSL · GitHub
<https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/8716> mentions that "WSL mounts
/run as nosuid" (and noexec too). I verified that.

> sh> mount|grep run
> none on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)
> none on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime)
> none on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime)
> none on /run/user type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,mode=755)

How can I solve this problem?

-Milind