Re: Virtualisation

From: Oleg Pykhalov
Subject: Re: Virtualisation
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 10:47:22 +0300

Hi,

Fabio Natali <me@fabionatali.com> writes:

> I need to set up a small number of VMs on a server. The network
> architecture would be fairly simple.
>
> I'm considering to use Guix for the server, plus some virtualisation
> tools/scripts to set up the VMs, as an alternative to Proxmox and
> similar common solutions.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendation, in terms of a small-scale
> virtualisation setup, ideally declarative and perhaps Guile-based?
> Anything I could take inspiration from?

Libvirt has been working perfectly for me on my Guix System for years!
Although it doesn't have a web interface as far as I know, you can
easily connect to it via a GUI interface.  You can also manage remote
Libvirt instances, with the added bonus of being able to view graphics
from a guest, using both GUI and command line tools.

Oleg.