Re: Python package with some rust dependency

From: Carlo Zancanaro
Subject: Re: Python package with some rust dependency
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 14:03:34 +1100

On Sat, Feb 17 2024, Alexis Simon wrote:
> On 17/02/2024 03:50, Carlo Zancanaro wrote:
>> Also, as an aside, I'm not sure where the 'prepare-python-module
>> phase is coming from. Does it actually exist?
>
> This is a very good question I had myself and to which I couldn't find
> the answer. I found examples such as those [1] in the repo and
> couldn't find where this phase was specified. But it seems to work.

I don't doubt that this works at the moment, but I expect that
ed1b2d0a86a0a62d8d843f06669a5f072482c37e on core-updates will break this
(and any other packages that reference non-existent phases).

Packages in the guix repository will presumably be fixed during the
core-updates merge, but any other packages will need to be updated.

Carlo