uid 0 error

From: Mauritz Stenek
Subject: uid 0 error
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 20:21:25 -0600

Hello,

I installed a barebones guix -- i.e. no desktop environment -- with the graphical installer.

Then, I tried defining user services as per the Guix blog and the Shepherd documentation. Strarting shepherd was giving me this error:

     No such file or directory: "/run/user/1000/shepherd"

So, I followed Marius Bakke advice in this posting:

   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2018-11/msg00119.html

and it fixed it: basically I added the elogind service.

Now, however, running a program with sudo ... throws this error

sudo: /run/current-system/profile/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set

If at the login screen, I pick an older config -- one that worked before -- it sill gives the setuid error.

How can I fix this?

I also wonder, this goes against the premise of "rollback and works", is this a bug/security issue?

--
Mauritz Stenek <mstenek@disroot.org>