Re: mcron service and PATH (was: Home service for mbsync?)

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: mcron service and PATH (was: Home service for mbsync?)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 06:17:23 -0800

Hi,

> you can find it here
> I've attached my mbsync service
> I just run mbsync as an mcron service.
> +1! I also run it using mcron.
> In my home services I have this:
> I'm doing something similar

First off, thanks for all your responses so far!

On Thu, Feb 22 2024, Emmanuel Beffara wrote:

> the command in the mcron job is called with an incomplete PATH.

Has anyone noticed a similar PATH issue with system Mcron jobs?  I have
to do this inside my Mcron jobs:

    (setenv "PATH"
            (string-join (list "/run/setuid-programs" (getenv "PATH")) ":"))

Otherwise, the setuid copies of my executables like 'sendmail' are not
available in Mcron jobs.

Also, while I have your attention, my fellow Mcron aficionados, please
feel free to check out this little issue. [1] There goes another
afternoon...

Kind regards
Felix

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-mcron/2023-12/msg00001.html