Re: You're invited to the first patch review session!

From: Tomas Volf
Subject: Re: You're invited to the first patch review session!
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 20:13:22 +0100

On 2024-02-22 23:27:31 +0000, Steve George wrote:
> Hi
>
> We're going to run some online patch review sessions. The first one is on
> *Thursday, 7th March* and you can sign-up here:
>
>   https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/PatchReviewSessions2024
>
> The background is that Guix has many fantastic contributions that are waiting
> to be reviewed and added to the archive. We have the QA system that does test
> builds, but each patch also needs to be evaluated and checked. Anyone can
> review patches, and reviews help to confirm that a patch is in good shape to
> be added to the archive.
>
> Doing patch reviews is also a great way to learn about Guix, the different
> packages and methods involved in packaging. To encourage new reviewers to
> step forward, and to have some fun we're going to run on-line patch review
> sessions. These will be informal, probably chaotic - but fun - with the aim
> that we learn as a group how to review packages.
>
> Each session will be hour 1:30 and they are rotating through the week, so
> there should be plenty of opportunities to come along. We're using the Guix
> London's Meet-up and the sessions run on Jitsi.

Will the Jitsi link be shared somewhere (here, irc, ...) for those of us who are
not able to sign up on the page?  I am getting this error:

> Your IP address has been flagged as a source of spam and is blocked from
> Meetup.

Since meetup.com is a commercial, third-party service, I assume there is not
anything you can do about that, so I am curious if there are any alternatives
how to get into the review session.

Thank you and have a nice day,
Tomas Volf

--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.