Re: You're invited to the first patch review session!

From: indieterminacy
Subject: Re: You're invited to the first patch review session!
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 20:43:44 +0000

Hello,

On 2024-02-23 19:13, Tomas Volf wrote:
On 2024-02-22 23:27:31 +0000, Steve George wrote:
Will the Jitsi link be shared somewhere (here, irc, ...) for those of us who are
not able to sign up on the page?  I am getting this error:

Your IP address has been flagged as a source of spam and is blocked from
Meetup.

Since meetup.com is a commercial, third-party service, I assume there is not anything you can do about that, so I am curious if there are any alternatives
how to get into the review session.

Well, I did use Mobilizon for the Friday dinner for Guix Days - which though lacking some features is FOSS and Fediverse tech.
https://mobilizon.nl/events/ee570f76-1898-43ff-88f0-86f18608ff2d

It does permit email (as opposed to registration) to confirm - though I noticed that only 1 or 2 people actually provided any information for me to discern them. ... I guess it meant the system reduced the risk of spam signups but simultaneously didnt enforce accountability to an organiser.

On a legal basis Id assert that the specific instance being based in the Netherlands would be advantageous than wherever Meetup queries; routes; and caches. It is run by some random volunteer, with all the carnets of such trust domains.

In any case, Im going to try to participate in these events, I reckon it would be a good compensation for there not being a regular Guix meetup in Belgium.

Kind regards,

Jonathan