Re: abstract question about guix

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: abstract question about guix
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 05:27:12 -0800

Hi Matt,

On Sun, Feb 25 2024, matt@jmgresham.xyz wrote:

> If could please contemplate a script that installs utilities before other
> certain
> things are installed after first a minimal install of a distribution of
> GNU/Linux onto the computer. What if the package manager that the
> script would use were guix? What systems like typical setups usually
> found on free systems, particularly setups or configurations that
> have X setup differently or displayed differently? I am not just
> writing: I plan to use this sort of logic with a minimal install
> of Trisquel.

Your questions are indeed abstract. Moreover, the situation you describe
is hypothetical. How about you install Guix and then come back with your
questions?

Everyone on this list uses Guix as their package manager, and many folks
here are helpful.

You may not need Trisquel. The "Guix System," which should probably be
renamed in order ro distinguish it from the package manager, is a
fully-fledged operating system.

Thanks for experimenting with GNU Guix!

Kind regards,
Felix