Re: Cannot lock screen in lxqt desktop

From: Reza Housseini
Subject: Re: Cannot lock screen in lxqt desktop
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:52:44 +0100

Hi William

Thanks for your response!

Did you add the boolean value to enable a PAM entry and disable the
setuid entry? Screenlockers usually refuse or complain when started with
setuid due to security.

I tried your suggestion but with no avail.

Also xdg-screensaver is a frontend that is part of the xdg-utils
package. As far as I know, this program is only compatible with
xscreensaver or xautolock, you should try defining one of these
two on the screen-locker-service-type, not xdg-screensaver, and see if
it works.

Example:

```
(service screen-locker-service-type
          (screen-locker-configuration
            (name "xscreensaver")
            (program (file-append xscreensaver
"/bin/xscreensaver")) (using-pam? #t)
            (using-setuid? #f)))
```

I tested it with xautolock but no luck either. I get the same error about screensaver/locker not installed. After a while my screen gets black without locking. Moving the mouse returns the display. As I understood xdg-utils is installed along the lxqt desktop, but I wonder why the "Lock screen" button is not working therefore. Installing xautolock in my home profile did also not resolve my problem.

Best,
Reza