Using custom xkbmaps

From: Kristoffer Ström
Subject: Using custom xkbmaps
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 21:07:55 +0000

Hello, in my day-to day i'm using a custom xkbmap that i've been
developing over the last decade or so, and i'm looking to migrate to
guix system.

However, i have found no straightforward way to include a custom mapping
(basically just a symbols file) into my operating-system declarations.

Looking around the list history i only found suggestions to patch the
xkeyboard-config package.

However, i am not at all sure how to do this in practice.

I'm not looking to set up my own channel yet, so i would prefer if the
solution could just be included in the scheme file that defines my
operating-system.

Is there a straightforward way to add a patch-step to this specific
package in a os definition file, or should i be looking at alternative
solutions?

Pointers to your own solutions to this feature would also be
appriciated!

Happy hacking,
Kristoffer