Re: Using custom xkbmaps

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Using custom xkbmaps
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 15:02:59 -0700

Hi Kristoffer,

On Wed, Mar 13 2024, Kristoffer Ström wrote:

> i'm using a custom xkbmap that i've been developing over the last
> decade or so, and i'm looking to migrate to guix system.

When I switched to Guix, I gave up my own Rocket layout. [1] Where is
your layout, please?

> i have found no straightforward way to include a custom mapping
> ... into my operating-system declarations.

That is a well-known restriction, although very few people care about
it..

> Looking around the list history i only found suggestions to patch the
> xkeyboard-config package.

I am now good enough with Guix to propose a generalized solution.  I am
not sure it would involve patching the existing package in the
conventional sense but am curious to read about it.  Where did you find
it, please?

Kind regards
Felix

P.S. Sorry to read about your sister, Amy.

[1] https://codeberg.org/lechner/rocket-layout