How do I put assign supplementary groups to nginx user?

From: Jayesh Bhoot
Subject: How do I put assign supplementary groups to nginx user?
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 11:23:39 +0530

Hello,

I am setting up a git server with Guix System with the following configuration:

- A git user with home directory set to /srv/git, so that git repos can be
hosted from /srv, and the repo urls can have the shortest path possible, like
git@server:test-repo.git.
- A git group to which the git user is assigned.
- cgit-service-type to serve a read-only view of the repos, with nginx acting
as the server.

In order to serve the repos, nginx needs access to /srv/git. But, /srv/git,
being a home directory, has the configuration of 700 git:git by default. I need
to loosen up its permissions to at least 750 so that the git group members can
read the directory, and add nginx user to the git group.

How do I encode the following withing the system-configuration.scm?

- add nginx user to git supplementary group. Neither (cgit-service-type) not
(nginx-configuration) provide option to edit nginx's supplementary group, and
%nginx-accounts does not seem to be exported.
- modify permissions of home directory /srv/git to 750. (user-account) does not
seem to have this option.

I saw a similar question in the mailing list from 2017, but that one didn't end
with a solution:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2017-06/msg00052.html

P.S.: Please interpert all of the above with the context that I have spent only
about a weekend with Guix and Guile.