Re: Adding a menu entry on GRUB.

From: William
Subject: Re: Adding a menu entry on GRUB.
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 21:37:26 +0200

On Sun, 21 Apr 2024 17:53:51 -0700
Felix Lechner <felix.lechner@lease-up.com> wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> On Sun, Apr 21 2024, William wrote:
>
> > I ran e2fsck, lsblk, blkid and fdisk on a booted system to verify
> > that everything is fine with these partitions, no sign of anything
> > unusal...
>
> Are you being bitten by a new incompatibility between GRUB and the new
> default options? [1]
>
> Kind regards
> Felix
>
> [1]
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-04/msg00207.html

Hello.

Yes, this definitely looks like the root of the issue, specially since
other GRUBs I tested such as the ones from Debian or Artix are
unaffected by this issue.

> How did you create your file systems?

The filesystems were created automatically through a Calamares GUI
installer, there's a non-zero chance that the installer created a
filesystem with options that are incompatible due to this bug.

Luckily I can wait until GRUB is patched on Guix as this issue can be
circumvented by closing Guix's GRUB from command line and booting with
another GRUB I have in my machine.