Audio on Chromebooks

From: Caleb Herbert
Subject: Audio on Chromebooks
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 21:38:15 -0500

Hi Guix,

I'm trying to get audio working on my Chromebook again.  I've found
instructions for non-traditional distros, but they are brief and hard
to understand.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/chrultrabook/docs/a281259c3016d754540500e4eeea40874098b8eb/src/docs/installing/distros.md

It seems I need to set up ucm2 configuration and enable some stuff
with modprobe.

* Download ucm2 configs
* Set ALSA_CONFIG_UCM2 to configs location
* Determine my hardware type
* Get the configs for my hardware type
* Use kernel-module-loader-service-type in system configuration
* Reconfigure the system

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Linux-Services.html#Kernel-Module-Loader-Service

I'm lost with regards to determining my hardware type.  I relied on
the Python script to do that for me.

A while back, Efraim made some package definitions to help with my
problem, but the package chromebook-alsa-lib remains unavailable.
When I use "guix repl -L $chromebook" and try to import the module, it
seems to suceed, so I don't know what the issue is.

    caleb@miller ~/Projects/chromebook-guix$ guix repl -L .
    GNU Guile 3.0.9
    Copyright (C) 1995-2023 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

    Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
    This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
    under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

    Enter `,help' for help.
    scheme@(guix-user)> (use-modules (chromebook alsa-lib))
    scheme@(guix-user)>

Source code to (chromebook alsa-lib):