TCP/IP Problems

From: MARTIN WILLIAMS
Subject: TCP/IP Problems
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 14:47:15 +0100

Is it just me or is there a general bug in the HURD that TCP/IP communication
is really slow?
I am using a 3COM 3c503, and a download via FTP achieved a whopping 125 bytes
per second - the same download accross Linux (on the same computer) went at 4.5
KB/s (I have a second computer running NAT software acting as a gateway to the
net - it has a 56k dial-up connection).
Both times the NAT computer was not utilizing the connection.
Is it just me or is TCP/IP genuinely slow on HURD?

My install was done from the massive tar-ball at alpha.gnu.org (using those
easy install instructions).