Re: Porting the Hurd to L4 (glibc dependencies, dropping glibc?)

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: Re: Porting the Hurd to L4 (glibc dependencies, dropping glibc?)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 17:52:05 -0500 (EST)

Look, whatever you want to hack on is fine with me.  If you contribute
changes to Hurd and/or glibc that are clean and do not have negative
consequences for the ways we are using the code now, then we will probably
accept your changes.  But the development priorities of the Hurd project
per se are very unlikely to go in such a direction, and I am not interested
in a whole lot of chatter about the merits of various wildly different
directions I don't plan to go any time soon.  Less talking and more hacking.