Re: novice question

From: David Coquil
Subject: Re: novice question
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:07:27 +0000

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 05:34:48AM +0200, Petros Sidiropoulos wrote:
> hello
> I am very new to unix-like systems so i need some help in order to install
> xfree86 under hurd.
> is anyone out there who can tell me which steps I have to follow in order to
> install xfree86 ?
> I also like to ask if there is a site with documentation about Hurd- that is
> quite helpful for me.
>
> thanks
> Petros Sidiropoulos
> pesid@kav.forthnet.gr
> GRECCE-

  Hi,

If you already have the Hurd up and running, you're not that bad ;-)
As for X, you should look for its original announcement by Marcus Brinkmann in
the www.debian.org mailing list archives, which gives pretty straightforward
instructions.

It's XFree 3.3.6 ; there's ongoing work to port X4.0, but AFAIK the best
solution is still 3.3.6 ATM. Might change anytime now, so stay tuned :-)

Cheers,

        David