Re: Shared-Memory for the Hurd?

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Shared-Memory for the Hurd?
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 14:09:13 +0100

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 04:30:30AM +0100, Farid Hajji wrote:
> Wow, libtreefs is being phased out? Good to know!

I didn't say that.

> libnetfs is exactly the library I was looking for.

Then simply don't worry about libtreefs :)

> It seems like I have now all I need to write that shm-translator
> and a simple shm*() library that uses it.

Instead writing a library, add them to libc, where they belong.
The programs that use shm* are compiled against it, and filling out the
stubs will them magically use the implementation without recompilation.

Of course, if you think a libshm is useful for extra hurdish features ala
libps or something...

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de