Re: New GNU/Hurd project: Crust Display System

From: Steffen Klemer
Subject: Re: New GNU/Hurd project: Crust Display System
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:41:55 +0200

  | > For example Berlin has been showing promise for some time but is
  | still
  | > lacking application and multi-platform support. It relies on having
  | > access to a GGI environment, however one rarely exists outside of
  | > an existing X server.
  |
  | Last year I heard from one of the GGI developers that they wanted to
  | switch to SDL, so this might be an alternative (I don't know what
  | became
  | of that).

It's not only that but Berlin also runs on plain sdl and GLUT (OpenGL).
I would really encourage you to join the berlin-project 'cause that is sth.
which is already working and sth. that HAS a descent spec. They only need
more developers andpeople helping on other projects like the docu and
things like that.
The protocol with corba and that alike is really promising and will have a
future. I'm sure the port to the HURD is very hard work but that would give
our OS of choice a great advantage.

cu
/Steffen
 \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign             Steffen Klemer          \ /
  X   - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail         c u @ www.YTC-GAT.de        X
 / \  - NO MSWord docs in e-mail   contact:steffen.klemer@web.de / \