Re: ShadowFS (status)

From: Moritz Schulte
Subject: Re: ShadowFS (status)
Date: 27 Aug 2001 01:08:31 +0200

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> IIRC, the current implementation by Moritz does the lookup itself
> and returns the appropriate port as if it were its own.

If the user looks up a directory, he gets a port to a directory node,
which is managed by shadowfs. If the user looks up a file, he directly
gets a port to _that_ file, not a port to shadowfs.

> Doing a real retry is also nice and simple.

shadowfs puts a the port for the user into *retry_port in
netfs_S_dir_lookup().

> I think there were some issues with write support were it would make
> a difference.

Sorry, hmm, I can't remember such issues.

        moritz
--
Moritz Schulte <moritz@chaosdorf.de> http://www.chaosdorf.de/moritz/
Debian/GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org/ http://www.gnu.org/