Re: Spam, Spam, Spam,....

From: Kristian Rink
Subject: Re: Spam, Spam, Spam,....
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:52:40 +0100

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:43:12 +0100
Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:

> I have spent more time in my life reading (and sometimes participating) in
> discussions about spam on mailing lists than I spent deleting the spam :)

Good point. :)
Being more or less a 'calm lurker' on this list, I also saw quite some amount
of messages coming through lately that were considered to be spam, but then
again, I think I can live with deleting this stuff (or perhaps configuring my
sylpheed to do this for me, automagically) if the freedom of being allowed to
post without being subscribed or the chance of having a message sent through
here immediately without depending on the speed of some moderator will remain
in here. Don't let us be the ones limiting our own freedoms just because some
persons are about to abuse them.

Cheers,
Kris