Re: Help installing with Debian.

From: Clemmitt Sigler
Subject: Re: Help installing with Debian.
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 14:24:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Leonardo Pino Werlinger wrote:
> >into the file /etc/apt/sources.list.
> Is this file in Hurd or Linux?

This is a file in Debian GNU/Hurd as well as Debian GNU/Linux.  If you
installed the Hurd from the H2 CD images, it should point to the
packages on the CDs.

> Any docs on the apt-get application?, Do I need a working TCPIP config
> under Hurd, to use this program?, can I use it against the Debian CD?

I think `man apt-get' explains it pretty well ;^) but run the script
/cdrom/upgrade/initial.sh to install the man-db and manpages packages
first.

You can also run the dselect program.  Choose your source as apt (last
item in the list).  Beware that dselect isn't the world's most
user-friendly program....