ext2fs-translator keeps crashing

From: Wikström, Mårten
Subject: ext2fs-translator keeps crashing
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 18:19:08 +0100

I have a GNU/Linux partiton that I want to mount under /linux. I tried
# settrans -c /linux /hurd/ext2fs /dev/hd0s2
and it works. I can ls /linux. But when I try
# ls /linux/bin
it says

ls: /linux/bin: Computer bought the farm

What does that mean? And then when I try to ls /linux again I get:
ext2fs: /dev/hd0s2: warning: FILESYSTEM NOT UNMOUNTED CLEANLY; PLEASE fsck
ext2fs: /dev/hd0s2: warning: MOUNTED READ-ONLY; MUST USE `fsysopts --writable´

I interpret this as that the translator died and left the partition in an
inconsistent state. What am I doing wrong?

regards

Mårten
Erda Technology AB
Adress: Bangårdsgatan 4a, Box 1032; SE-751 40 Uppsala
Tel: +46 733 114415
E-post: marten.wikstrom@erda.se
Web: www.erda.se