Re: stall after floppy drive recognition / shared irqs

From: Philip Dodd
Subject: Re: stall after floppy drive recognition / shared irqs
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:33:49 +0100

I know that IRQ 10 is being shared (by about 5 devices), but a fellow
Hurd'r tells me that his laptop uses shared IRQs with no problems, so
I'm not sure that that is the problem.

I can't comment on the rest, but though your friend *may* be right, try and eliminate the IRQ sharing thing (I know it's not easy with a Dell BIOS :) ) because my hurd behaved terribly badly when an IRQ was shared between the SCSI and NIC.

Good Luck

Philip