Re: nodes have authors

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: nodes have authors
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:37:26 +0100

* Marcus Brinkmann writes:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 04:30:36PM +0100, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
[snip]
>> And when I am done with that, I will move to fix GNU sh-utils (id,
>> and all that).

> Note that we have `ids' in the Hurd.  And id is specified by POSIX,
> so we have to make sure we only extend it (if we do), and not break
> compatibility.
Maybe we can support this with some options?

If LC_MESSAGE specifics a POSIX locale then the default behaviour should be
whatever POSIX specifics. So I suppose we could default to printing our
specific stuff if it is not a POSIX locale...

Personally I think it's silly to have two programs that do the (almost)
same thing.

>> Note, I used => instead of the normal -> to show that it is really
>> different.

> I like it.  If you want a reference implementation, see
> utils/showtrans.c of course.  Do you want to handle active
> translators, too?

Yes, Marco Gerards suggested that we could print the PID of the active
translator.  But I still have my doubts about this. But yeah, active
translators should be handled in a similar way I think.

--
Alfred M. Szmidt