Re: Looking for Debian/Hurd packages

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: Looking for Debian/Hurd packages
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:09:18 -0800

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 05:03:02PM +0100, Oystein Viggen wrote:

> > I am not a Debian expert, but I thought that the Hurd packages could
> > be found in ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-hurd-i386/
> > but this directory is actually empty.
>
> I thought so too.  At least some of the packages can still be found
> under ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/.

All packages uploaded in the year or so should be under debian/pool.
The only files left in the binary-hurd-i386 directory will be those
that couldn't be rebuilt for some reason.

> Is this the big "tree wipe" before the move to libio, or is it just
> a bug?  Jeff?  Marcus?  Anyone?

I emailed the ftpmaster a little bit ago and haven't heart.  He's
probably just busy with life and the Woody release.  I assume he
wouldn't start wiping things without mentioning it.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
Some people play the lottery, some people use Ebay. Personally, I've
had much better luck with Ebay than the lottery