Re: installation

From: Wolfgang Jährling
Subject: Re: installation
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 12:10:08 +0100

Hi!

Peter McAlpine <pmcalpin@uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> OH YEA, one more. is there some way to remap the window button to a
> CR? I type on dvorak (which I've already figured out in hurd, thank
> you) and would like to be able to pull off those quick "ls <CR>"s. =)

I don't know how you figured out how to type on dvorak, but there is a
tarball at <ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/marcus/keymap.tar.gz>
that contains everything you need to reconfigure your keyboard. Find out
what the scan code of the window button is (I don't know how to do this
on GNU/Hurd, but you can use "showkey" on GNU/Linux) and edit the
"loadkeys.pl" script included in the tarball mentioned above
accordingly (as well as the keymap).

Did you already use that tarball for creating a dvorak map? If so,
I think your map should be included in the tarball.

Cheers,
GNU/Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Jährling <wolfgang@pro-linux.de> `-:._ "Omnis enim res, quae dando
Debian GNU/Linux user && Debian GNU/Hurd user  `-:. non deficit, dum habetur