Re: Important information needed

From: James Morrison
Subject: Re: Important information needed
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:11:33 -0700 (PDT)

--- Tolu Suleman <diztost3@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm doing a research project on Hurd and I need
> detailed information on how Hurd handles or implement
> - process and thread,
> - scheduling with scheduling algorithms
> - synchronization,
> - deadlocks,
> - memory management, and
> - I/O
> I would appreciate any form of information. If you
> don't have any information on them please direct me to
> who does or a web link that might help. Thank you.
> Tolu Suleman

 Hi,

  Currently GNU Hurd runs on top of the mach microkernel.  So mach
documentation would be useful to you.  See:
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/mach/public/www/doc/osf.html

  For information about the design of the GNU Hurd see:
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/docs.html

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone refering this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU