Re: More background doc

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: More background doc
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:58:45 +0200

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 12:27:09PM +0200, Jan Atle Ramsli wrote:
> It now seems apparent to me that the backgound for Hurd/L4 is _better_
> explained _and_ justified than Linux, or any other system I have tried
> to look at.

If you are looking for background on microkernel systems, try "Modern
Operating Systems" from A. Tanenbaum.  Or any other book on that topic.
You are specifically looking for multi-server systems on top of a
microkernel.  And for the Hurd, I hope you have read everything on our web
page (http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/) and if you haven't read Thomas'
introductory paper and my talk that is sitting there and explains some of
the design concepts in the Hurd, then you should read them now.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de