reboot/halt fails to unmount /stop filesystem translators?

From: David Walter
Subject: reboot/halt fails to unmount /stop filesystem translators?
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 01:54:01 -0400

When rebooting the HURD I haven't found a dependable way to ensure
that it doesn't come back up with unclean filesystems.

Is there a trick to doing this?

e.g. unless I specifically settrans -fg /home that file system will
say that it wasn't cleanly unmounted and needs to be fsck'd.

I have tried  even a clean  boot without performing any accesses after
except for a login and reboot.

The same goes for the root filesystem.

Is there an action that I am missing which I can do to reboot the
system without these errors?

Thanks

--
Hope springs eternal!