Re: Hurd FS hierarchy in FHS.

From: Jeroen Dekkers
Subject: Re: Hurd FS hierarchy in FHS.
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 22:17:21 +0200

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 08:09:28PM +0200, Gerhard Muntingh wrote:
> I'm sorry to spoil the pleasure, but I don't think there's
> reason to include the recent proposed GNU addition to the
> FHS.

Because Debian policy depends on it and all Debian developers like
it for some reason still unknown to me.

> How about making the GNU FHS an extension to the current
> (LSB) FHS.

Both the LSB and FSH are "Linux standards" we actually don't have to
do much with. The filesystem is already partly described under the
Makefile subject in the GNU Coding Standards.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org  IRC ID: jeroen@openprojects
GNU supporter - http://www.gnu.org