Re: "find" doesn't work

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: "find" doesn't work
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:33:51 +0200

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 04:06:47PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Please provide some factual information that lets us know what problem you
> had.  "doesn't work" is not at all illuminating.  What did you see?  What
> did you expect to see?  I guess find didn't print a message like "I don't
> work on sundays" or so :)

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough I guess, I just behaved as if it were an obvious
problem. ;)
Well, what happens is that "find -name \*" just prints out the contents of the
current directory, and not the contents of its children (it does not go deeply
recursively).

I will look at the struct stat field Wolfgang was talking about and see if I
can get something better.

Thanks,
Ludovic.