of herds and mascots and logotypes (was: ... Moskus...)

From: Joshua Judson Rosen
Subject: of herds and mascots and logotypes (was: ... Moskus...)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 19:44:21 -0400

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 11:58:47PM +0200, Patrick Strasser wrote:
> Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>
> I understand that people want to represent the Hurd as a herd of GNUs...

Actually, given the expansion of the acronyms..., wouldn't it be
more appropriate to represent it with a herd of demons? Preferably
drawn in red and blue anaglyph style so that they `pop out' when
viewed with appropriate glasses...? :)

Though..., I just have this feeling that "herd" is not really
appropriate for describing a collection of demons..., but that it's
similar enough to the much-more-appropriate word, "horde", that this
visual would result in people calling it `The Horde'.... I suspect
that `The Demon Horde' is not quite the image that we want to end up
with :)

--
"If it isn't source, it isn't software." --NASA